1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 pound of carrots, diced
1 large potato, chopped
1 Teaspoon chopped chervil or Bouquet Garni (aromatic herbs)
1 ½ Pints of distilled water
Juice from one orange (optional)
Scallion stalks for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat
2. Add the carrots, potato, onion and chervil
3. Toss and cook gently for 5 minutes, without browning.
4. Add the water; lower the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Allow to cool a little, then use a food processor (or blender) to liquefy into soup.
6. If you've opted to use juice from an orange, add it here, along with the scallions.